Sat 18 Aug 2007
1. In your home, who does the laundry? I do about 3/4 of the laundry.
2. Do you sort your laundry? Yes, certainly.
3. If you sort, how many different color/fabric type groups do you sort it into? Whites, brights, blues, and browns
4. Do you hand wash anything? Nothing of Dr. G’s. About 10 things of my own.
5. Are there any articles of clothing that you send out to be cleaned professionally? Yes.
6. If you have any clothes cleaned professionally, is that drycleaning? Suits and fancy dresses get drycleaned. i like the idea of sending out shirts but have never done it.
7. At home, what detergent do you use? Any detergent additives that you regularly use? We just switched to high-efficiency and I haven’t landed on anything good yet.
8. What whiteners/brighteners do you use? an occasional glug of bleach in the whites.
9. Do you use any fabric softeners? I heard you’re not supposed to,but I use dryer sheets, using each one 2-3 times.
10. How do you handle stains? spray and wash
11. Do you use different water temperatures for your different loads? everything is “cold” but that’s a misnomer for the water temp that comes out of the plumbing here.
12. Do you use a tumble dryer, or do you hang your clothes to dry? both. I try to only run the dryer once for every two wash loads. Mostly socks, towels, t-shirts, and wrinkly stuff end up in the dryer.
13. In your home, who folds the clothes? Both of us.
14. Where do you fold your clothes? (i.e., in the laundry room, at the kitchen table, etc.) on the bed.
15. Who puts the folded clothes away? we each put away our own.
16. Do you have a certain day of the week you consider ”laundry day”? weekends. I like to let it build up for maximum efficiency.
17. About how many laundry loads do you do per week? three or four
18. Do you iron? Almost never.